Friday, February 24, 2012

Februray 23 - Your Shoes


I talk about my shoes regularly on this blog because I love them so much. Shoes are one of my favorite things.

(Side Note About Shoes: If you haven't already, I highly suggest you read the book "In Her Shoes." Don't just see the movie, read the book. I read this book while I was going through a more difficult point in my life and I loved it. It made me realize how great of a relationship a relationship with your sister is, not matter what.)

Anyway, there is a line in the movie about how shoes are so incredible because your shoe size doesn't change and no matter what, your shoe size is a constant in your life. I believe this because of the mass amount of shoes that I own and I know the amazing feeling that I get when I buy a beautiful new pair of shoes.

But shoes are the thing that you know that you don't NEED, you WANT. And being married to an Econ teacher you concentrate on these two factors. So when I can buy shoes on sale, or I have extra money that I want to use to treat myself... shoes are always my little treat.

The shoes that I bought this year about some of my favorites. You'll find my Hunter Boots in this category. I've gotten made fun of more for these than complements, but I would never give them up, they survive the elements like nothing else. My patent leather nine west black pumps are in this category. If I had a dollar for every time I wear them I would have them paid off, they are just so wonderful and classic, and I've definitely worn those babies out. There are the strappy sandals that I bought for my honeymoon which Dan calls "Ben Hur" shoes. I had no idea who Ben Hur was, but when I said to my Dad, "Dan says I am wearing Ben Hur shoes, what does that mean?" he just laughed at me. I guess that was a good description. And I have my Ugg boots which I wear around my house as slippers because you just can't walk on our floor without proper protection.

From the above paragraph I think you can tell I absolutely love my shoes. But then there is this pair that I wore on February 23rd.



I love this pair of shoes. I got them from Mom and Dad for Christmas. I hinted slightly towards them... okay, okay, I sent Mom and email of an attachment that went directly to these shoes... but they are my favorite. They are quirky, and practical at the same time which I love. They have a fantastic heel, but they are comfortable, which is of utmost importance to me. And you know what, they remind me of the shoes that my great grandma used to wear. I love these little shoes and I'm kind of sad that tight season is almost over with, because I just don't know what else I can pair them with.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy I hate to tell you this but your shoe size can change when you have kids. One of the saddest days ever was when I realized that my feet had grown a whole size. Okay not the saddest but like you I had a closet full of great shoes that I loved and have now had to slowly replace because they dont fight! Until then enjoy your shoes. Love you!

    ReplyDelete