Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 5 - 10:00 am

I slept in today. Slept in so much that I almost missed todays picture assignment. That's correct, I almost missed 10:00 am. Luckily I heard Dan out in his little home office putting together a new offensive playbook.

And here is my 10:00 am... making breakfast

Today was declared "clean out the refrigerator and make omelets day" We just chopped everything up and put it in a beautiful egg pocket. HTM students, please disregard that I'm chopping my veggies on the "meat" mat, no Food Borne Illnesses were created during this process, the veggie mat was just in the dishwasher :).



And for our coffee this morning we went with the SuperBowl theme. I usually think long and hard about what city I want to drink out of, but today was a no brainer. I took Indianapolis and Dan took New York.



Unfortunately we don't have a Boston mug, we'll have to pick one up this summer. Oh, and my coffee maker, it's one of my favorite household items. Thank you Debbie and Albert for the most wonderful wedding gift!



Successful morning if you ask me. Even more successful afternoon. Our house is cleaner than the day we moved in. Dan asked me if we were expecting company. No company for us, just the two of us for the Super Bowl tonight. Go..... still undecided I have about 35 minutes to decide who I'm going to root for!

Hold on, I've decided, while the pictures were uploading Dan just told me a story. I'm rooting for the Giants because Mathias Kiwanunka is on their team. Mathias's hometown... Indianapolis, IN. Mathias's high school... Cathedral. Below is our conversation...

DH: "He was a part of the greatest Offensive Line in high school history"
TH: "Did we play against them"
DH: "Uhhh, yeah, the in infamous 1998 game, were you there"
TH: "Did their student section bring a couch?"
DH: "Ha, yeah they did"
TH: "I know we lost, but was it a blow out"
DH: "Are you kidding me, 14-13 on a blocked field goal."
TH: "Oh, all I remember is the couch"

Dan went on to tell me that their offensive line included 5 division one players and two that went onto the NFL. This is one of the little things that I love about this man he can tell you absolutely anything about sports. It's unbelievable that he remembers all these little things but can't remember my birthday, he swears it's December 15th. Go Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment