Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27 - Something You Ate

The beauty of spending a majority of the day cooking on Sunday is that on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday you have the quickest cooking time and a easiest clean up. I'm very much looking forward to this week because I don't have to think about what to make for dinner, actually make it after I get home at 7:00 pm, and then have to clean up the kitchen. It's an awful routine that usually gets me settled and relaxing by 8:30 pm.

So anyway, today for lunch I had my vegetable soup. I was telling Bert and Dave about my new vegetable soup recipe this weekend and they asked me, "What kind of meat did you put in it?" No meat... just veggies. It's pretty delicious and it's one of those soups that gets better each day. And tonight I tried one of the newest recipes, Pork Tenderloin with White Beans and Tomatoes. It's really good and a surprising 294 calories per serving. But the best part of this recipe is that you can make it in one pan, hardly any clean up! Below is the recipe:

2 tsp olive oil
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1 can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
1/2 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1 can cannellini beans
3 cups baby spinach
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet, place tenderloin slices to the pan and cook for 3 minutes per side, remove and keep warm.
Add shallots and cook for 1 minute; add tomatoes and broth and simmer for 2-3 minutes
Stir in beans and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted
Stir in balsamic vinegar, then return pork to the pan, and simmer for 5 minutes



It would be delicious on rice or noodles too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment