Friday, February 24, 2012

February 22 - Where You Work


I work in Chicago
I work in the John Hancock Building
I work for The Signature Room at the 95th
I am a Private Dining Sales Manager

I HAVE MY DREAM JOB

At the end of my senior year of high school I finally decided what I wanted to do with my life. There were phases that I went through. I wanted to be a teacher so I could be a guidance counselor. I wanted to be a chemist. I wanted to be an engineer. But then I finally realized I wanted to plan people's parties. I wanted to work with them from start to end. I wanted to work in the city and I wanted to work with a group of people to meet a common goal. I went to college and thought I would never find what I was looking for and that I would be working in the front of the house of a restaurant or the back of the house of a hotel, but I lucked into the most fantasic opportunity of my life.

I get to plan other people's parties, I work with clients from begining to end, I work in one of the most fabulous cities in America, and I wouldn't trade the group of people that I work with for the world. They are my second family here in the Windy City.

I get to work with people, every single day. I wish I had a dollar for every email I sent or phone call I answered. I wouldn't have to have a dream job if that was the case. But I really enjoy it. Being a part of huge events in people's life is such a treat, probably because I love events and probably because I like being around people, but either way, I can't imagine doing anything else.

So here it is, my building, the restaurant I work for, and my little area in the office of the 15th floor where I do most of my work. Love this little place.




No comments:

Post a Comment