Friday, February 3, 2012

February 3 - Hands




This is one of my favorite pictures from our wedding day. It represents two of the most amazing women I’ve ever known, Grandma Horstman and Great-Grandma Hornbach. I always knew that I wanted to have something of theirs with me on my wedding day and I couldn’t have thought of two better things to be my something old and my something borrowed. The ring was Grandma Horstman’s ring and it’s become a tradition that all the girls wear it on their wedding day. It honestly was my favorite part of my outfit on that day. And the handkerchief was my Great Grandmas… it still smelled like her when Janet gave it to me to use. I’m so glad that I have this picture and what it represents. I also love this picture of Grandma and Grandpa Horstman's wedding day with the ring.




Now I didn’t really want to use this picture for today because what I really wanted for this post was a picture of my dad’s hands. Now those are hands that have character! My whole life I’ve given my dad a hard time because of the grease that has always been on his hands and under his fingernails. The only time we would ever see them clean would be the 7th day of our lake vacation because he hadn’t been working (well I guess I shouldn’t say that, there usually was always a boat repair that had to be done). But he wasn’t working his usual amount and he got to soak them in the lake water for the entire week. But Dad’s hands are one of the most telling thing about him; he’s the hardest working person that I know. He’s taught me a lot, just by his example, and now that I’ve left home and fending for myself I’ve realized how hard him and Mom have worked to give us everything that we have. I love those grease filled hands, and him of course!



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment