Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 10 - Self Portrait

It's Friday, which for the past couple weeks has been known around the Hartman House as weigh in day. I'm proud to announce that I have lost 10 pounds since the first weigh in and I was planning on putting my skinny jeans to take a self portrait. Instead I decide that I should share with you that I am the most unprepared Chicagoian.

Quite a few months ago I quit watching the Chicago news because I honestly find it very depressing, therefore I have no idea what the weather is going to be like every day. Oh, and I must remind you, I don't live with Amanda any more. She was the person that I could ask every day what I should wear outside.

So Friday morning I left my house in pretty thin leggings and my tennis shoes. I had absolutely no idea that they were calling for 12-18 inches of snow in Northwest Indiana. I started getting nervous throughout the day because I would look out the window and I was having flashbacks of last year's blizzard. At one point Trish looked out the window and said it looked like shaved parmesan was blowing around outside. So 5:30 rolls around and I'm dreading walking to the train station. Luckily Jenna pulled out a barrett from under her desk. But here I am, in blizzard like conditions, with my ankles hanging out of my leggings, my tennis shoes slipping on the side walks, and my legs freezing in my thin pants. I honestly, honestly am the most unprepared person ever. So here's my self portrait, trying to survive the walk home on February 10th!


No comments:

Post a Comment