Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21 - A Fave Photo of You

I think today's assignment is perfect for this blog because I get to pick out my favorite photo. As soon as I saw today's task I immediately knew which one I wanted to share.

This picture was taken on one of my most favorite days on our honeymoon.



During our stay in Ireland Dan surprised me by taking me to a bed and breakfast for two nights. It was quite the trip getting there from London, but it was totally worth it. We arrived at The Trooperstown Lodge in the Wicklow Mountains just in time to settle in and be taken to the main house for dinner. Fabulous meal and I fell in love with Smithwick's, but the next day was such a great adventure.

We went to Glendalough, I honestly thought we would just walk around for an hour or two, enjoy the beautiful day. But when the lady handed us the map with the trails and said it will be the best 2 euros we'd spend on the trip I wanted to get my moneys worth! We did all the little trails, seeing St. Kevin's Church, the Round Tower, both lakes, it was gorgeous. Dan did get attacked by bees but we were having such a good time we overlooked that part.

Our little day of hiking turned out to be a six hour adventure that equaled 13 kilometers of trail, but it was absolutely beautiful. Dan keep asking me if I wanted to turn around but I thought we would miss something fabulous if we do so, so we kept walking. We walked and walked and then we realized that we walked onto one of the most intense trails in the park. I will never forget that day and the amazing sites we saw, I will also never forget how sore my body was for two days afterwards. But, it really was one of my favorite days, so I'll also share with you my favorite picture of Dan from that day, and our little treat at the end of the adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment