Saturday, February 4, 2012

February 4- A Stranger

The beauty of this weekend is that I had absolutely no plans. None. It is the most glorious feeling in the world. So, I was a little concerned about being able to take a picture of a stranger, because I really wasn't even planning on leaving the comfort of my home today. Well it turns out I did leave my house to run a few errands this morning... and I forgot my camera. So I don't have a real picture to go along with the post today, but I do want to tell you about the strangers that I encounter today... even though I think they know more about me than a lot of people do.

The first encounter was with the bank teller. She's a total stranger to me, I'm not sure where the nice blonde girl was today, but this lady knows so much about me. She knows how much money I make since I get direct deposits and she knows that I shop too much and spend a lot of money at restaurants.
The second encounter was with the pharmacist. She knows exactly what kind of medications I'm taking and how my benefits at work all work, nobody else knows those things about me.
And then there was the dry cleaning lady. We are not really strangers because she knows me as Mrs. Hartman, and she is just so sweet. She knows that I am too lazy to lovingly wash, starch, and iron Dan's dress shirts, she knows that I wear my suits probably one too many times before bringing them into her, and she knows that all of my party dresses usually come to her with at least one cocktail spill on them.

So I guess I'm not really a stranger to these people, they can probably tell a lot about me by the little things that they know about me, but they are strangers to me.

But now, I don't want to leave today's blog without a picture. So I'm going a little outside the box. This is a picture of the lasagna I made today.



I never made this recipe before and it is something that I would typically not make. It is chicken and zucchini lasagna with mushrooms and celery. It actually was pretty delicious and it is only 450 calories per serving! It's definitely not my mom's beautiful lasagna made with "Horstman Cow" and oozing yummy cheese, but it's a good substitute!

Happy Weekend, Boiler Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment