Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 9 - Front Door



Here’s a picture of our front door as I left the house this morning. I know what you are going to say, “Tracy, it’s sunny in February!” I was surprised too at how beautiful this morning was, but it was oh so cold!

So our front door, I’ve been meaning to put a wreath on this door since the day we moved in and I have yet to get around to it. I even have a wreath hanger on the door that Dan’s mom gave us as soon as we moved in and it just sits there… wreath-less. So today I did some research, and wreaths are so expensive! I had no idea, but I’m determined to have one so that is going to be my “buy” this week. A little treat for myself if you will, instead of a new pair of shoes that I desperately think that I need or a pair of cobalt blue pants that I’m sure I could not pull off! I’ll update you with a more beautiful picture of a front door once I make the purchase!

Now speaking of front doors... I don’t think I ever shared anything about our honeymoon, so maybe I’ll start sharing little tidbits here and there. It really was the most fantastic trips and I’m so glad we went to Europe instead of a beach vacation. But one of my main missions while in London (besides drink afternoon tea, wear a fancy hat, and climb Primrose Hill) was to find three front doors to take pictures of. The numbers on the doors had to be “7” “3” and “11”, our wedding date. I had such high hopes and thought this would be the easiest task in the world because in the movies all they show are rows and rows of beautifully colored doors with little numbers. Sorry, real life London is not exactly like a movie and this was a much harder task than I originally planned. I'd see a door with a beautiful 19 on it and I would make Dan walk at least 3 blocks in a totally different direction than we were going, but we unfortunately just never found that 11. After a day and a half of only finding a 7 I bent my rules a little bit and would take any number that I saw. For a while I was chasing the number "11” double decker bus that went to Westminster, but I could never get a clear shot of it, or when I did see it my camera wasn’t quick enough to get the big number of the front, just the little one on the back!



So here is what I came up with in London.





Not very satisfied with these pictures I decided to try again while we were in Ireland. Most of our time in Ireland was spent in the country so there wasn’t a whole lot of opportunity for address picture taking, but I found some pretty great things when we visited St. James Gate.





Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with these pictures, or maybe on our next trip I’ll keep trying to find doors with the numbers… if anybody lives at “3” or “11” let me know…

Happy Thursday Night! One of my favorite evenings!

1 comment:

  1. I live at 311! and just you know - 3 -11 comes up a ton in my life, I never realized until today that you are in that group for me!

    ReplyDelete