Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 16 - Something New

Going through the day today I had no idea what the photo assignment was. I forgot to check in the morning and honestly, I kind of forgot about it and the day went by.

Tonight after work, I went to a networking event... at the Swarovski store. You all know where this post is going. It really was a great event. We were really nervous because the store is pretty small, but that turned out to be the best part of the night, we were forced to talk to people, it was great. We made some good contacts and drank champagne and red wine.

I had absolutely no intention to buy anything at the event tonight. We had thought about it, but I honestly thought all Swarovski carried were animal figurines. Oh, was I wrong. The ring section stole my heart. I couldn't leave with purchasing this ring, and the event discount didn't hurt my cause.

So here it is, something new. I am just so excited about it, and I think the thing I love most about it is that it changes colors in the light... the colors of a peacock, my favorite animal.



On my way home tonight I called Kait. I've been thinking about her a lot lately, and now know Thursday is her off night! I love chatting with her, she tells the greatest, most interesting stories and I just love the little lady. I hope she knows that I am always here for her and she has all my love and support... I hope she can feel it from Chicago to Lexington. Anyway, I was telling her about my new ring because we were talking about making beautiful, impulsive purchases. She told me, "I can't wait to see your shiny new ring." I told her, "I think one of the blog assignments coming up is "something new" so that's what I'll share."

!I booted up my computer, to see what the assignment was, and there it said it... Something New! What perfect timing, I knew I needed the ring. I love it, I haven't bought something like this for myself in a long time and I can't wait to wear it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment