Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 1 - Up

On my walk to and from work every day I can always tell who is in town visiting, and who is just on their daily walk to or from work. This is because the visitors, are all looking up. After a year and a half the skyscrapers have kind of lost their newness to me and I've become the person that just walks by really quickly, usually with my head down trying to protect myself against the wind or talking on the phone. On Thursday though, I decided I should look up the entire walk to work, just to see if anything looked new to me.

I saw that The Trump Tower was putting out their heat lamps on their 16th floor, which means rooftop season is upon us. I saw some window washers dangling from Crate and Barrel, only wearing little harnesses to protect them. I saw that they have made some amazing progress on the new residential building on Michigan Avenue, and I forgot how beautiful the Wrigley Building is.

While I was looking up I realized that I have walked by this statue since probably last spring



and I never went to see what it looked like from behind... so here is my picture to represent up... Up Marilyn's Skirt.



This is a pretty cool temporary landmark in the city, the visitors love it, and that's probably why I've never checked it out more closely, because there are always so many people flocking around Marilyn, but not at 7:45 am, I had her all to myself.

Speaking of Marilyn, has anyone been watching the show "Smash"? It is so fantastic, I found myself giving the show a standing ovation at the end of last week's episode. Dan looked at me like I was a crazy person, but it is just so great. Definitely one of my faves since Will and Grace went off the air!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tracy! I watch SMASH on Tuesday's while Kevin is still at work normally and I always find myself clapping and laughing and getting really into it! I know that if Kev saw me I would be looked at like a crazy person too! Love that show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I'm not the only person! Loving your blog, and your new kitchen!

      Delete