Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 2 - Fruit

On March 2nd, instead of eating fruit at lunchtime, we had our American Idol draft. This was serious business. Unfortunately I drew for the fourth spot in the draft my favorite three contestants were gone by the time I got to pick. We had the head shots all laid out ready for the draft



and after some serious consideration here are my picks. So if anyone is a voter, please take my picks into consideration in the coming weeks. Go Shannon, Skylar, and Joshua!



And again, no fruit for dinner. Since March 2nd was Friday, and I've had the greatest week of weight loss since the week of the Spinach, Almond, Egg, Yogurt, and Raspberry diet, I treated myself to a gyro for dinner.



(To my catholic friends, please don't judge me, I've decided that since I haven't been to church in over 6 months, Jesus probably isn't keeping close tabs on my food intake on Fridays during Lent). I've never seen anything more beautiful than when i unwrapped the foil. I wanted to shout "αλληλούια" that is Hallelujah in Greek! It was the most fantastic dinner. I loved every single bite and licked the tzatziki sauce off of the foil.

I don't think I've had a piece of fruit in the last six weeks. I guess there is just no room for fruit in my diet, too many unnecessary sugars. I did have a bowl of clementines sitting on the counter just begging to be eaten but we never got around to it. I decided not to take a photo of them because when I went to check them out today they would have been a better representative for March 17th, Green, than for today, Fruit. Yikes!

So lately, Dan and I have been getting our vitamins A, C, and E from Life Water.



This is the closest thing I've had to fruit in weeks. But they are delicious, don't taste chalky like Vitamin Water... and 0 calories. My favorites include yumberry and pomegranate, blue and black berry, strawberry and dragon fruit, and fugi apple pear. The beauty of these little guys is that they are on sale for $1.00 at Meijer until March 11th. Dan and I have been stocking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment