Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23 - Moon

When I said yesterday that there wasn't going to be anything special about the moon today, I was right. It was way too cloudy to even see the moon here, and I looked, like walked around aimlessly outside of my house with my eyes pointed directly at the sky looked. And I saw nothing.

But you know what, every moon is preceeded by a sunset. And I think sunsets are more beautiful than moons anyway. And every time I see a beautiful sunset, I not only think of my Momma, but I think of Dad too, because he always says... "Red Sky at Night, Sailors Delight!" I've never been happier than when he put his arm around me at our rehearsal dinner and said these words to me while looking at this beautiful sunset. Thank you, Jessica, for this picture.



Thank goodness Dad didn't say to me "Red Sky in the Morning, Sailor's Warning" Or the weather just wouldn't have been as beautiful on our wedding day.

And today, in the same room where he held our rehearsal dinner, I saw this sunset.



And the clouds just kept rolling in.





It was beautiful. For a few minutes, we were above the clouds, and it was like we were floating.



I've seen this quite a few times since I've started working on the 95th floor, but I've never been able to catch this on film, and it's such a special feeling.



When looking at pictures like this, and pictures of beautiful sunsets, you really begin to think about how amazing of a gift this life is. We get to experience these beautiful, natural things. And where they come from, who knows, that's what makes it all so magical.

Happy Friday. Cheers, to you all, from all of my favorite people.


No comments:

Post a Comment