Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21 - Delicious

I prefer the shorter version of this word, delish! And tonight, here was my delish.



This might be one of my favorite new low calories recipes that I have found. By the name of the recipe "Sausage and Mushroom Stew," you don't expect much, until this one pan wonder comes to life. It just takes like love... if love had a taste and since I do my cooking for the entire week on Sundays, I like eating this meal later in the week because it's one of those things that gets better each day. And wait for it, wait for it.... 282 Calories!

Here's the recipe

2 tsp canola oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
1 pound Turkey Sausage, the recipe calls for Italian style, but I prefer hot and spicy, casing removed and chopped into pieces
8 ounces of mushrooms (yeah, I guess at what 8 ounces looks like...)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed

Heat oil, saute onions and garlic until onions have softened. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and saute for 1-2 minutes. Stir in herbs, followed by canned tomatoes, broth, and black beans. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serves 4.

It's beautiful... and delish.

In other news, Dan has landed safely in Atlanta. I only know this because I received a text message that read. "I'm on the ground in Hotlanta with Nene Leaks and the girls." I love this guy, and the housewives of Atlanta of course. So for the next 4 nights it's all me. I am so very excited. Don't get me wrong, I love having Dan here to talk to and go on walks with, and to fall asleep with. But I also like watching whatever I want on the television, going out by myself for sushi and gyros, and sitting in the quiet, and sleeping in the middle of the bed.

It's going to be a good weekend. Hopefully I will get the deep spring cleaning done around here and be very productive since I won't have to pick up socks around every corner. But Sunday will be good too, when I welcome him home and get to hear about his weekend full of golf games, and we get to be us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment