Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5 - A Smile

Today I had the day off, after a long day at work yesterday I was so excited to have today off to relax and get all of my Sunday chores done. Dan also had the day off. For those of you not familiar with Chicago history, today we celebrated Casimir Pulaski day. I wanted to celebrate today by wearing my one and only cashmere sweater, but Dan thought it was too much for our little adventure out of the house. We slept in today and then stayed in bed and read our books and watched TV. It was fantastic. We spent the rest of the doing things that make us smile.

We went to lunch with our friend Kevin. I just love lunch dates.
We went and donated a lot of things to Good Will, a little charity always makes us smile.
We made record time on our grocery store trip and saved $13.45, love deals.
I spent quite a bit of the afternoon cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry, and decided to make this time more enjoyable I would day drink.





Dan cleaned his golf clubs in the middle of the living room. He heard at lunch that tomorrow it is going to be 60 degrees so he dug his golf clubs out of the closet, soaked them in a bath and then oh so carefully cleaned his clubs and golf balls.

It was a good day. Now we are settled in in our nest anxiously awaiting Bethenny Ever After and Smash... love those shows!

But when I think of A Smile, I think of one of my favorite wedding photos. This picture is definitely one of my favorites from the day.



The smile on my face just shows how happy and content I was on that day. I thought for sure that on my wedding day I would be a nervous wreck, freaking out on people, and just on edge about everything. I was the exact opposite. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire day and was honestly so happy. I know that I've mentioned it before, but my wedding day will always go down as one of the happiest days of my life. Everything was right in the world, I had the most important people in my life around me, and we celebrated, hard. I felt pure joy and so much love... and this picture, and my smile takes me right back to that day. Today, as I'm enjoying a glass of wine and some delicious goat cheese... and just like 7.3.11, was a fantastic (or favorite) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment