Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13 - Sign

I have not seen one of these signs since I was 16 years old.



When I saw it the other day I about died. Because of this sign I have to take my driving test twice. Well actually, I had to take my driving test 4 times (Written Part 2 Times, Driving Part 2 Times), and it was all because of this tricky sign.

"Cross Traffic Does Not Stop," Now when a scary driving instructor that looks liked the Wicked Witch of the West tells a nervous 16 year old, "Now pay close attention to this sign," that nervous 16 year old will automatically over think the situation. And this is exactly what She did. She thought, "Cross traffic, I'm crossing the street, so that means me, therefore I don't need to stop." So she just went right through the stop sign.

Little did the nervous 16 year old know that this is not what this sign means. It means, "Holy smokes you better be looking both ways... twice... or else you are going to get your car smashed. Luckily, for the nervous 16 year old and the wicked witch of the west, there were no cars coming that day and They were safe, but the lady made her go directly back to the DMV. She didn't even get to parallel park.

That nervous 16 year old was me.

So when Dan and I were driving the other day I spotted this sign, and shouted, "Dan you really need to stop!" He thought I was crazy, until I told him this story, and he thought I was even crazier.

So there it is, something most of you probably didn't know about me, it took me 4 times to pass my driving test... and I'm still a terrible driver... and this is my least favorite sign...

No comments:

Post a Comment