Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4 - Bedside


You all should feel privileged because you don't have to see my bedside in it's normal state. I cleaned our room yesterday, which really just means, collected the 6 cups of water that were sitting on the nightstand and took them downstairs to the dishwasher. So today you get my pretty clean bedside.



There are things there that I just always have to have at my bedside... #1 a cup of water. I blame my sister for me always having to have a cup of water at my bedside. She made me go to the kitchen every night to get her water, and when she moved out to go to college I kept getting that cup of water. I wake up at least once in the middle of the night, every night ~more if I've been drinking~, and have to have a drink. It's such a huge thing between Jill and I that it was even mentioned in Jill's maid of honor speech, she made sure to let Dan know there would always be a cup collection... Sometimes Dan asks me if I am the kid from the movies "Signs" because I leave the cups half full all around my bed. I'm sorry, it's just my thing, probably never going to change. #2 My Lamb Eyes. I love these little guys. I never wear them at night, but if I want to take a mid-day nap, these babies are on. They are also my greatest travel accessory I can sleep on any plane, train, or automobile if I'm wearing these guys. The best part is they really embarrass Dan, he probably pretends not to know me when we are travelling and I'm passed out looking like a lamb with drool down my face. #3 that awfully loud alarm clock. It's so obnoxious and as you know from previous blogs, it always goes off at least twice a morning. #3 A book or my trusty Kindle. I love reading before I go to bed, and I love sitting in my bed on the weekends during the day and reading. Currently I'm reading Stephen King's 11/22/63, it's about time travel and going back in time to try and stop JFK's assassination. There are so many wonderful side stories and interesting characters in this book that it is such a treat and I've been reading it nonstop lately, which is okay because Dan is currently wrapped up in The Hunger Games.

So there it is, my bedside. You're lucky that you caught it the day after a major clean up, or again, I would have been embarrassed by what I had to share with you... Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment