Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 3 - Your Neighborhood



So here's my little street and row of town homes. The beauty of Dan and I's place (and hopefully a nice selling point when that time comes) is that it is on the corner. And only one side of neighbors, but honestly we aren't home enough to even know who our neighbors are. I have met one lady, and she's the type of neighbor that you try your hardest to avoid, so I do... I think that it is kind of weird living this close to people and not having real neighbors.

This is nothing like where I grew up. I have so many great memories of growing up in our subdivision. There were so many people Jill and I's age and we had so much fun. When I look back on summers spent in elementary and middle school all I can think about is jumping on the trampoline and swimming in the Eisele's pool while listening to really loud music and singing at the top of our lungs. I can't hear an Alanis Morisette song on the radio without going back to those summers, and my heart hurts. We rode our bikes, every single day, when I was little we weren't allowed to go past the stop sign at the end of the subdivision, Jill and I were sometimes brave enough to peddle out just beyond the stop sign, but never went too far... we never wanted to get caught. And then there was the day that we were allowed to ride all the way to the high school. This was the best because they had all the open parking lots to ride in. Man, I wish I still had a bicycle!

And the fun days would always end, our Mom's would always call us in for dinner, usually around the same time, they must have all been on the same schedule. But there was always the next day... to jump around on the trampoline, paint each other's nail on the deck, and make up dances to "One Hand In My Pocket," I can still do all the moves, so if you're ever curious, just ask, I'm sure Jill, Lori, and Jenny would be happy to dance along! Now we all have husbands, babies, or both... but I bet we could still play a mean game of popcorn on the trampoline. So here's to our old neighborhood, such a special place, and I can't think of a more perfect place to grown up in. I wish I had a picture to share, but those fun times were way before digital photography!

Now speaking of growing up... I got this in the mail today.



It brought such a huge smile to my face. Dillon is becoming such a little man and the 3 year old can write his name. I'm so very impressed by him and he makes me laugh so hard, if you can't read the little writing on the bottom right hand side, Jill wrote, ""Awww, Man" is what Dillon said when he wrote this letter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment