Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 15 & 16 - Car & Sunglasses

I had a coupon. When I get really amazing coupons, it typically means that we take a road trip to the outlet mall in Michigan City. So when we woke up this morning that's where we went. We loaded into the car that I loving cleaned out the day before, stopped by McDonald's to get diet cokes, and we were on the road.



The outlet mall was a complete success, saving $357.00 at Banana Republic. And we each treated ourselves to a beautiful pair of RayBans. I am so excited about my new sunglasses! And on the way home, we did something totally unexpected for our day. We went to the beach.

We I moved up here I know no idea open this hidden gem. Right on the other side of the interstate lies Lake Michigan and it's such a little treasure tucked away and I am so glad we stopped today. I absolutely love seeing the lake on the horizon.




We found the most fabulous parking spot, took of our shoes... and walked. For awhile I forgot that we were in northern Indiana, until I saw a sign that said "Stay off of the Ice!" Those are the things you have to worry about at a lake like this.



But there was sand to dig our feet into.



There was water to splash around in... even though it felt like ice.



There are the most perfect rock skipping rocks. Dan may have broken a record today with a rock that skipped 18 times.



I did cartwheels.



And we kissed.



And you know what else, there was a little pink house for you and me!



We had such a special little day. One of my favorites in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment