Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22 - Kitchen Sink

I hate my kitchen sink. When Dan and I were going through the pros and cons of each town home that we looked at before we bought I honestly wrote down "Kitchen Sink" under cons for 2907 Clough Ave. Dan didn't think that it was an important enough flaw in the house, and I guess I didn't either, but I'm not going to go around taking pictures of it.

So here it is, everything that is going on in my brain today, Everything But The Kitchen Sink.

Are we going to have a spring? I would honestly like to know. I have really cute spring clothes that I have totally skipped over this week and went straight to the sleeveless tops. Come on, Mother Nature, don't do this to me. And with all this warm weather so early the tulips on Michigan Avenue are beginning to bloom and I need them to still be blooming on April 20th when Mom comes to visit... because I've been talking about these tulips for two years, she just needs to see them.

I could drive to work tomorrow because I don't have to be there until 10:00 am, which means total I could have only a two hour commute tomorrow opposed to the 3 hour commute I have when I take the train. But if I drive, I have to put gas in my car... and gas is $4.29 right now. I'm honesly considering taking the train with hopes gas will be cheaper next week. I can't believe I'm becoming one of those people.

I'm so jealous of spring breaks. I think everybody should have them. No matter what. As we speak my family is on the house boat, hopefully John brought back some ginormous fish from his fishing adventure with Debbie, and Dan spent the day exploring Atlanta, eating at my favorite Top Chef's burger restaurant and getting lessons at the driving range. Me on the other hand, I'm just holding down the fort here, itching all day at my desk to be outside. We are even trying to convince our boss to let us go to Oak Street Beach to do some marketing and make connections, I don't think it'll happen, apparently beach goers aren't our target market... we thought it was definitely worth a shot.

Easter can't get here soon enough. I am so excited to go home and see my friends and family. Amanda just reminded me today that it is only two weeks away, and I am so incredibly excited! Easter is one of those weekends though, it just goes way too fast. I'm already getting anxiety about getting to do everything I want to do and see everybody I want to see while I'm home.

Guess who had Louisville beating Michigan State on their Sheet of Integrity? This girl. Looks like Dan will be buying me dinner at my restaurant of choice because his sheet is looking pretty sickly. Speaking of college basketball, do you think UC likes wearing that neon pink? They look more like Rainbow Bright than a basketball team.

If it were up to me I would be getting ready for the midnight showing of The Hunger Games. I have been anxiously awaiting this premier for months, but since I begged Dan to read the books as soon as I was done, and he got into it just as much as me, I decided to be a good wife and wait to see it with him when he got home. I can't wait, I even have our whole pre-movie dinner planned out with goat cheese tarts and "squirrel" stew, Katniss's favorite meal. It's not really squirrel, but you know how much I love themes and we are going to go all out for this movie premier.

Tomorrow is employee appreciation day at work, which means amazing Mexican lunch. I exercised extra today and plan on getting up early to work out tomorrow so I can have as much guacamole as possible. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

And this weekend is going to be a good weekend. When I get off work at 8:00 tomorrow night, I'm free. Free for an entire two days, to do whatever I want, whatever I feel like. It'll be glorious, probably not very glamorous, but oh so glorious.

And FYI, I might take the next two days off. I don't think the moon is going to be anything special tomorrow night, and I really hate animals, but I'll see what I can do.

And I don't want to leave today's post without a picture. So here it is, a picture from my favorite spring break. Our trip to Puerto Vallarta, our engagement trip. I'd give anything to be back on that balcony.



There it is, everything but the kitchen sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment