Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October!


So we've made it to October... and the two things have happened that I have been dreading since I moved to Chicago.

1. Leaving the house when it's dark and getting home when it's dark.

I knew this was going to happen, it was inevitable. But yesterday when I woke up on the train, I had a minor panic attack thinking that I had missed my stop because it was so dark outside. I was wrong, I was still two stops away from mine, but it was almost black outside. Holy Smokes! I will now be making a point to enjoy my walks in the sunlight and try to go outside to the garden plaza during lunch to get some sun... I'm starting to worry about my vitamin D intake!

2. I actually sang the song "Bear Down Chicago Bears" out loud on Monday night.

Don't get me wrong, on Sunday I was screaming Who-Dey at the top of my lungs and wearing my Bengals jersey around the house, but watching the Bears on Monday Night Football, I really got caught up in all of it. It didn't help that I was surrounded by people in Bears jerseys all day... and every story in the newspaper was somehow tied to the game taking place that night... and of course "Bear Down Chicago Bears" is a very very catchy tune. I about died though when I caught myself dancing and singing around the living room with Dan just shaking his head at me. I just can't help it, I'm a sucker for catchy tunes.

So I admit it, Chicago is rubbing off on me a little bit, a few of my friends told me that it would happen. I was sure to call them on Tuesday morning and tell them what I was singing the night before. The only response I got was "Bear Down." I promptly responding Who-Dey, reminding them who my #1 team would always be. But... I do love this town!


No comments:

Post a Comment