Sunday, October 24, 2010

YABBA-DABBA-DOO



Happy Halloween!

As I've mentioned before, Halloween is my Least Favorite Holiday. But, people around here, including my soon to be husband... Love It! So, now that I'm 100% living up here now, I had to play along. Which meant, standing in lines that were 45 minutes long to get our costumes, sitting in traffic jams 30 minutes long to get into the Halloween store, and encountering rude nasty people, pushing and shoving in the store. All of this comes out to equally me being in the worst mood ever.

Thank goodness Jesika called me on my way home to lighten the mood, or else I would have told Dan to go to the party himself. Jesika reminded me of the time we were getting ready to go to a New Year's Eve party. She wasn't happy about attending at all and walks into my house saying... "I'm gonna walk into this party and say 'Somebody Shoot Me'..." With her best dinosaur claws out of course. I decided that I couldn't be this lady and we laughed and laughed about her day she'd already had.

Dan was like a little kid yesterday as we got ready. He just couldn't understand how I could hate such a fun holiday. He loved his costume, his feet being his favorite part. And besides my dress being 80% see through, I loved mine too. We had a really great time at the party, after we had to stop for gas. Dan made me get out and pump the gas... I just didn't understand, I told him with those feet he should be peddling us there himself! All night we were surrounded by Big Bird & Super Grover, a German Beer Couple, Sugar Daddy, Alice & The Mad Hatter, lot of witches and cats, and some characters I didn't recognize (everyone told Dan and I once we had kids we would know who they were... further indication as to why we should hold off for quite some time... these characters were too much for me to handle!)

So our first Halloween that we've really spent together was a success. I usually let Dan go out by himself but this year, I just couldn't get out of the situation. We may even put our costumes back on next week to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters, that's how much I loved being Wilma... and Fred is pretty cute too!

No comments:

Post a Comment