Friday, October 22, 2010

The Wedding Nightmare

Due to the fact that I’m getting married on a Sunday… of a Holiday weekend, I’ve been having the hardest time finding someone to do our hair. And honestly, I’ve never, ever had a good experience getting my hair done for events. Mom had to almost call two of my prom dates and tell them I wasn’t coming because I was having a meltdown about my awful hair. So of course I’m starting to really worry about it, and this lead to the most horrible wedding nightmare to date.

Now I’ve been having these nightmares every so often, but not to this extreme. I mean I could have been on the season finale of Bridezillas, that’s how bad this dream was. Up to this point my wedding nightmares have been kind of silly, Dan has had one too. In his he was getting ready for the wedding at the country club and he brought the wrong shirt, it was way too small, but the ceremony was going to start in 5 minutes so that’s what he had to wear. My first nightmare was that my sister spilled grape juice on my dress, this isn’t that unlikely since she’s known to spill almost everything. My second was that I couldn’t dance at my wedding because my hair was falling out, not just out of it’s style, but literally all of my hair was falling out of my scalp. And the inevitable wedding nightmare of someone that’s having an outdoor ceremony… it pours down rain on the day of my wedding. Most of them, no big deal, I woke up, laughed about it, and went along with my day…

Well this Bridezilla dream really took the cake, and I can’t stop thinking about it and how awful I was. I hope to the wedding gods that I never act like this in my life.

So, somehow I just seemed to skip making hair appointments for myself or any of the girls. At noon on the day of the wedding we realize that we have nobody to do our hair. We are scouring phone books looking for places, I’m getting pissed, Theresa is trying to make the best out of the situation like she always does, telling me I can wear my hair in a ponytail and nobody will know… It was awful. I’m throwing things, Jesika’s crying, Amanda and Holly are laughing at me, and Kaitlin is starting to curl her own hair with her battery powered curling iron (I’m not kidding, she actually has one… it always came in handy on the cheerleading bus!). At the pinnacle of my meltdown, when I’m screaming at Jill because she’s being a really bad maid of honor because she doesn’t know how to do hair… my alarm clock saves me from my awful nightmare. Thank goodness, because I don’t know if I could have taken any more of that.

So that’s my goal this weekend, to make hair appointments. I don’t care what I have to do; I will walk into every salon in the area if I have to. So that has been my morning. I hope the girls don’t read this and start filling out an application for me to be on Bridezillas… because I promise I will not be like that.

Happy Friday, Go Bulldogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment