Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"I Need My Muse!"

So I have a muse. Not only has she been one of the best friends to me for the last 5 years ~holy smokes, it's been 5 years (that'll be a later story)~ but she has honestly been my muse. I think it's because she herself is one of the most creative people I know. I think it's because when I'm around her I can just talk without a filter... which leads to great ideas. I think it's because secretly we really think so much alike it's scary. I think it's because when I would sit next to her during senior year, I had my greatest ideas.

We pretty much did everything together the first year of our friendship. We were student council executives together and came up with so many new ideas for the school. With her as our muse the four of us came up with great fundraisers, murals for the first day of school, new traditions, and put on some awesome dances. And, every day we sat in room 181 and published a fantastic yearbook. It was so different than any other yearbook of the past and actually told a story. Somehow we came up with page after page of this book telling a story through a common theme. (As soon as I'm done with this post I'm going to go search for my yearbook, I can't wait to revisit it!)

So ever since our first year, even though we've lived apart, she's always been my muse... and today she posted an entire list of things for me to blog about. Of course, just from reading this list I was inspired to write about so many different things but i decided I needed my first one to be about her... my muse, Jesika.

I love you lady, and all of your creativity. Thank you for listening to me. Thank you for letting me bounce every silly idea I've ever had off of you, and thank you for giving me that awful look for about 80% of my ideas because they are so ridiculous. Thank you for letting me read almost everything I've ever written out loud to you, because you know it makes me feel better. Thank you for being a sane person when I'm not. Thank you, for being my muse!

No comments:

Post a Comment