Friday, October 15, 2010

To Veil, Or Not To Veil

That is the question.

I've been going back and forth about wearing a veil for my outdoor, casual, far from churchy, wedding and I just can't make up my mind. When I found my dress I was very against the idea. I didn't even try a veil on with my dress... weird, I know. I just never thought that I would want one. It just seemed to formal for me and I thought that it would take away from my dress. But I really started thinking that I need one when I remembered something my dad said to me... oh, 14 years ago.

It was a warm spring day, and I was making my First Communion. I was definitely in my tom-boy stage of my life and I thought I was going to die having to wear that dress with a big white sash... and yes, a veil. And on top of that, my shoes had buckles on them! I was mortified. I remember having to get dressed and I was one unhappy camper.

I was finally ready to go and I climbed into the back seat of the Lumina just pissed. I think we were running early because Dad took the long way to church, going around back by the legion. Anyway, long story short Dad could tell that I was not happy and tells me, "Tracy, there only two days that you have to wear a white dress and a veil. Today, and when you get married."

Thinking about Dad saying that to me is making me second guess my choice of not getting a veil. It's funny how some things change. I get so excited just thinking about putting on my white dress with it's big white sash, and buckling my shoes with the dramatic side buckles. And it just goes to show that some things don't change, I've always taken what Paul says to heart... and I don't think I can stop here.

So I guess I just answered my own question... To Veil!

No comments:

Post a Comment