Monday, December 20, 2010

My 10 for 10 Update

With only 10 days left in 2010 I thought I would revisit my 10 for 10. You can see the original post here. Of course like every to-do list I had high hopes for myself, somethings just didn't happen, but I did have quite a few successes. So here are my updates! We will see what will happen in the next ten days!

1. I got half-way to my savings goal. My student loan payments starting mid-November hindered my plan a little bit, so hopefully I can get back on the saving train come the new year! I'll give myself a 50% for goal #1.

2. I also finished my #2 goal halfway. We got the most wonderful photographs and framed them... but they are still sitting on the chair waiting to be hung on the wall... So it looks like I can only give myself a 25%.

3. At last, something I can give myself a 100% on. Thanks to our "Black Friday" purchase of an elliptical I have proudly lost 5 pounds... Now I just can't gain it back this coming weekend!

4. Didn't join a book club, 0%, failure for me. But I have been reading some really good books, including Decision Points by George W. Bush. I don't think this would be on any book club's reading list here in Chicago, they are all too liberal! So maybe a book club isn't such a good idea for me.

5. See my girlfriend's twice. I have to give myself a 75% on this one, because sadly I haven't been able to see Kaitlin. I miss the girl like crazy and must make it a point to see her come the New Year. Love you Kait, and for the rest of the girls... I'm so glad you drug me to Boogie Nights when I was home in October and I loved spending the evening drinking margaritas with you over Thanksgiving!

6. 100%++ for item #6, I'm learning new things every day at work and I am very excited about the new opportunities coming in 2011!

7. The eve of Thanksgiving was much more calm than expected, we kept it low key, drinking at Paul and Theresa's (Paul has pretty cheap beer prices) and since I don't think we are going to be getting home until very late on Christmas Eve-Eve, I'm going to go ahead and give myself a 100% for not ruining Thanksgiving or Christmas by being hung-over.

8. Another 0% for #8. I didn't have the chance to learn how to make kipfuls or rolls, we were just so busy over Thanksgiving and I didn't have the time. Maybe next year. But I will surely enjoy them come Christmas Eve.

9. I've already posted enough about my Christmas tree, so I'm giving myself a 100% on having a beautiful tree. Jill and Dillon made it even more special by making me my first home-made ornament!

10. Take more pictures, 80%, there is always room for improvement. I've been doing good, snapping funny pictures around the house and I love the pictures that I have of the family from Thanksgiving. I already have my charger and camera packed for the trip home so be expecting many pictures! I'm so excited for Dan to open his Christmas present... shhh, don't tell, but he's getting a camcorder. I'm so excited to start recording the funny adventures we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment