Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Birthday Cards


This week has passed by so quickly, I can't believe that it's over already. And during this week I turned 23, I'm not sure where my 22nd year went... apparently my sister doesn't either, she wrote gigantically on my birthday card, "Happy 22nd Birthday!" I laughed just thinking, "Did you really think I was only 21 years old?"

The card made me laugh and made me think about all the other wonderful and funny cards I've received for my birthday.

I don't remember which birthday it was but, there was one time when my great aunt Janet brought over my birthday card, on December 8th... and it was a belated birthday card! It was one of my favorites because every year I think about the belated birthday card I received 8 days before the real day!

The girls always give me fantastic cards, I've kept most of them because they usually have pictures of old ladies on them... acting just how we will act when we are that age. I have one of two ladies floating on rafts from Amanda, that was from the year we spent most of the summer floating around in her pool. There is one from Jesika with two ladies so hung over, they don't know what happened the night before, they are just glad because they are still wearing their hats... that's so Jesika and myself.

All my birthday cards this year brought so many smiles to my face. The messages that the girls wrote in my cards really just made me realize that I have the best friends in the world. And the gift that I received from Jill and Dillon was the most perfect gift... Jill was right, I definitely needed a homemade ornament on my tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment