Monday, December 13, 2010

The Registry

One of the big tasks that we completed during our Chicago weekend, was our wedding registry. It took me quite some time to get Dan excited about it, but once we were in the store, and he had the scanner in his hand... he was ready.

We are living pretty comfortably together, when I think about what we don't have now the things that come to mind are an ironing board and a crockpot. We both lived on our own before we moved in together, so we really have everything we "need", so now, according to the econ teacher Mr. Hartman, we could think about things we "want." You know, matching dishes and fluffy towels!

Dan really kept me in check though, when I strayed from our list we made before going, he gave me that look and said "What are you going to do with that?" "Where are you going to put that?" Sad to say, Dan did not let me register for a cheese dome... so please don't ask me to bring a cheese ball to any function, I won't have the appropriate dish!

We had such a fun day, making our way from Crate and Barrel then to Macy's. My favorite was sitting at one of my favorite bars downtown, spreading out all the papers, drinking beers, and checking out what we registered for.

You'll never believe what we left off of the list though... An Ironing Board!! Good thing we can add to our registries online, because I don't think I'm getting Dan back out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment