Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 26th


They say that December 26th is the worst day of the year... Christmas is over and everyone just sits around being kind of let down. Your house is a mess, your belly is aching, your head may be pounding from a hangover and there is wrapping paper all over. Christmas songs aren't on the radio anymore, shopping malls are putting out spring clothes, and you know your next big task is to take down the Christmas tree you just so lovingly put up. You have to find places to store all you new Christmas gifts and the next you have to worry about plans for New Year's Eve... and then you must think about your resolutions. I really can see how for some people, this could be an awful, awful day.

But me, I have to disagree, and say, although there were some low points (having to leave St. Leon without Dan and saying good-bye to Jill and Dill), today was still one of my favorite days! I woke up in my new pj's at my house with my entire family. I got to enjoy two pots of coffee with mom and dad, I got to eat breakfast with Dillon (I think everyone got to do this individually today, Dillon had three breakfasts throughout the morning), I got to hang out with John (and he let me pluck his eyebrows!), play farm and blow bubbles with Dillon, laugh with Jill, snuggle with Dan, and listen to the Bengals beat the Chargers! December 26th was just as good as any other day spent with my favorite people. I have so much to share with you about the Christmas weekend, but for now I just want to leave you with my favorite picture from my time spent at home.



I hope you all had such a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed your families as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment