Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful

... and I'd give anything right now for a delightful fire inside!!

Don't get me wrong, we are staying cozy today, snuggled upstairs in our snuggies. But oh my goodness, I've never seen snow like this before!



We cut our Chicago weekend short and left as soon as we got up this morning, trying to beat the blizzard like conditions. Of course, with our luck, we got back to the train station as soon as the snow was blowing in from all directions. I honestly thought it only snowed like this in Minnesota, I've definitely never driven in anything like this, and now as I look out my window and the street sign is about the blow off it's post, moving south is looking better and better.

What a nice welcome home... no temperature to record!


I'm starting to get nervous about my commute tomorrow, but Dan says the world doesn't shut down when it snows here like it does at home. Trust me, if St. Leon ever saw snow like this, school would be called off for a month!

So today we are staying in... we braved the grocery store as soon as we got back and now that everything is put away we can just watch from the inside the ridiculousness that is called "Lake Effect" snow. They weatherman is saying that there will be 12 to 15 inches by morning, and I'm just hoping that I survive my first Chicago winter!

The least comforting quote of the day "Look at the weather in Chicago" by Boomer Esiason as he watches from him nice and cozy broadcasting booth in New York! Please tune into the Chicago Bears game that is about to start if you'd like to see what I'm seeing right outside my window!


No comments:

Post a Comment