Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Top Ten Pictures of 2010

Dan and I absolutely love countdowns... we like to watch the ridiculous ones on VH1 and the sports stories on ESPN. We email each other the stories counting down the top pictures of the year on Yahoo! So with Dan's help I thought I would share with you... My Top Ten Pictures of 2010. These are in not particular order, I just couldn't rank all of the great things that have happened this year!


Zip lining through Puerta Vallarta. This was two days after we got engaged and it was the most fun adventure we have been on together. Absolutely something I will never forget!


The view from my new office ... well really the restaurant... well really, the restaurant's bathroom, but still, I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing this every day!


I love these three more than anything and I will never take for granted the time we get to spend together. I wish they would all move the Chicago!


The Blackhawks game was definitely the best sporting event I attended this year. Hockey is probably the coolest sport to watch live... and every body must experience the National Anthem at The United Center before a Blackhawks game... there is nothing else like it. The Blackhawks hold a special place in my heart. They are the only team that I loved that I remember winning a championship. Yes, I'm too young to remember the Reds winning 1990...


This picture pretty much sums up the best job I will ever have. Bartending at Harry's is something that I am so grateful for. Not only did I have so much fun every single night I went to work, I gained a family and made a lot of money. I miss the place just like I miss St. Leon, and I will always remember this Tuesday night when I started dancing on the bar to the YMCA!


"I Did It!" Graduating from Purdue was not only a highlight of my year, it will always be a highlight of my life. My Aunt Jane once told me that it may not seem like a huge deal, but having a degree from Purdue is such an accomplishment that is looked highly upon. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself and would never in a million years give back the experience that I had. Hail Purdue!


The Five Friends. Sadly, this was the one time this year that we were all together. I love these girls and I am so honored that they will be the ones that stand with me the day Dan and I get married. I could never ask for a more special group of friends, and they will always be my family.


This picture was taken by such a kind lady about 20 minutes after we got engaged and I stopped bawling my eyes out. I will never forget this night. I'm not kidding when I say that was my favorite dinner of all time. Not only was it the most authentic Mexican food I've ever had, we were at a small table for two, five feet away from the water's edge, with wonderful wine, and candle light... and Dan asked me to marry him. Such a special evening. Definitely a highlight of 2010.


These girls also hold a special place in my heart. I met them all (well besides ManFace) as soon as I moved into my dorm room. Since that day, when we started skipping BGR activities and eating in the dining court, they've been counted amongst my closest friends. I probably wouldn't have gotten through college without them... I know I wouldn't have had as much fun or as many laughs and I just love them to pieces.


And of course, this is one of the greatest pictures of the year. Not only was it Paul and Theresa's first trip to Chicago it was such a great weekend. Dan and I both had our families there, we all enjoyed many meals, cocktails, and laughs together and it was a great way to spend a summer weekend... not to mention it was July 3, 2010, exactly one year from they day we are going to get married. Let's just hope the weather is as wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment