Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One of my Favorite Things... "Flap Jacks"


This picture just seems fitting for the day. John and I making pancakes, probably around 2:00 am, on the night of my High School Graduation...

...John is starting High School tomorrow.

I still can't get over that he is actually growing up this quickly. He's playing football, taking Algebra 2, about to get a learner's permit... ahhh! It's making me anxious just thinking about him growing up. I'm really jealous of him starting out on this new adventure and I have been giving him all sorts of tips on how to make the best of it. I'm so excited to hear the stories from his first day and of all the things to come ahead. I haven't told him yet that every project I've done, note I've taken, or test I've taken is in a box in the basement. I think I might hold off on that for just a little while... Save that for his senior year when all he should do is enjoy the time.

Good Luck Tomorrow Pookey! Enjoy high school, Dad will tell you many many times that these are the best four years of your life. I don't know if I would go that far, but they are a great, once of a lifetime, experience. Make everyone your friend, do well in your classes, get involved in as much as possible, never be late to football practice, eat only from the regular lunch line (a la carte will leave you broke and with a belly ache), be nice to your teachers, go to Prom, hang out at your locker with your friends until the very last minute between classes, don't roll your eyes at the student council members like you did at orientation (yes, Mom told me) because hey, that was me in high school, stay away from the cheerleaders (you do not want to get mixed up in that mess, trust me I was one of them too)! Make so many memories, be good, and never forget how to make your amazing "flap jacks!" You'll be the hit of the high school parties, just like you always were at mine.

Love you, Pook!

1 comment:

  1. I love the advice about not going in the al la carte line! ha ha! Hilarious! Was that advice coming from you or your dad?

    ReplyDelete