Friday, August 13, 2010

"There ought to be a special place in heaven for coaches' wives." ~Paul W. Bryant


And to that quote I say... "Roll, Tide, Roll"

I don't want this weekend to end. After this the next 16 weekends will be dedicated to Crown Point High School Football. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I love going to the games and sitting with the other wives and girlfriends. I like watching Dan on the sidelines calling plays and giving the players pep talks. And I like watching, well mainly judging, the cheerleaders high V's and enthusiasm (neither are very great.) I use to live for Friday nights and with Dan I will always get to experience them. But along with the fun of Friday nights comes Saturday morning JV games, Saturday film pick-up, Sunday film-watching, and Sunday Coaches' meetings. {None of this by the way was ever depicted in Friday Night Lights, either that or Tami Taylor is a lot better coaches' wife than I will ever be!}

So I am going to soak every minute of this weekend in. Dan and I have some big plans including a matinee movie, a lunch date, a party at our friend's house and The Air and Water Show downtown. I'm so excited about our adventures this weekend, but I know that it's all going to end at 5:00 pm on Sunday, because that's when the first coaches meeting takes place. "It's a game week babe," Dan tells me when I asked him why we would have to leave the Air and Water Show Early on Sunday. I guess I need to get used to statements like that.

Go Bulldogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment