Monday, August 9, 2010

My Favorite Things... In Our House

I love my things. My mom usually calls them junk, but to me all of my things are treasures. I had a hard time moving out of my college apartment knowing that I was moving in with Dan because he also though most of my "treasures" were junk. It took me days to get rid of boxes of things I didn't want to let go, but now that I think of them they must not have been that important because I don't really miss them all that much.

But now that we are moved in... and almost settled, I'm starting to have new favorite things.

1. Our new kitchen table and chairs. We've been waiting two months for it to arrive and I'm so excited that we got to go pick it up yesterday. putting it together was another chore, but we had fun doing it.



2. Our cozy cozy couch in the loft. I love this couch, we can both stretch out and lay comfortably. We have our big TV upstairs so we affectionately call our loft, "the movie theatre." I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time up here in the winter when it's too cold to do anything else but snuggle and watch movies.


3. Our first refrigerator accessory. Growing up my mom had things on her refrigerator all of the time. Our schedules and pictures and important letters and wedding invitations were always cluttering the refrigerator... along with homemade magnets and the arts and crafts we made for her. (If you look on the right hand side of the refrigerator there is the handwriting exercise I did in first grade, amazing that she still has it) Well when Dan and I received a letter on Friday that was addressed to "The Future Mr. and Mrs. Dan Hartman" I knew there was a "treasure" inside. Inside were two pictures that Dillon colored for us. One addressed to My New Uncle Dan and they other one said We Love You Aunt Tracy! Of course these went on our refrigerator, along with the envelope because I just couldn't throw it away. Yes, I know, I only have chip clips and Harry's magnets on my refrigerator!


So here it is, my current least favorite thing in the house... but hopefully will soon my one of my favorite. P90X. Currently I'm sitting here typing unable to move because of the workouts I've endured the past two days. Dan and I finally bit the bullet and started the workouts yesterday because we figured we could get three cycles in before our wedding day. It's extreme and our downstairs living room is now our gym. But we are going to do it! I'll be sure to give lots of updates and track our progress... and let you know when it becomes one of my favorite things, because right now it's not even close!










1 comment: