Saturday, November 27, 2010

We're City People

I about died. Wednesday night as Dan and I were driving home we had to stop and get gas in Batesville... I know, we were so close! Anyway, we are trying to pull out of the gas station to get back on the road and the car in front of us would not move. Dan just lays on the horn, like it's a normal thing to do.

We just looked at each other and realized that we are slowly becoming city people. I doubt anybody has even been honked at in Batesville before for sitting too long. I was so embarrassed, but thought it was funny. That's just what we're used to now.

Two days later as I was getting ready to go out with the girls I stopped and thought, I should make a reservation. It took me a second before I realized that we are going to Harrison and I doubt the restaurant even takes reservations. And when Mom and Dad ask me how I'm going to get home at night, it honestly runs through my brain that I will just take a cab... Yeah right, are you kidding me? I will die the day St. Leon, Indiana has a taxi cab service that isn't Fast Eddie in his 15 passenger van.

Long story short, slowly, but surely Dan and I are becoming accustomed to our new life. But it's always good to come home where nobody honks, you don't need a reservation to get into a restaurant, and you can call your mom or dad, or future mother in law, or your friend's dad to come pick you up outside of a bar. Everybody in the world should have a place like this to go home to, and this Thanksgiving weekend, that's what I'm the most thankful for. My little small town home away from the city... and the crazy city people that we've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment