Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Pajama Day

I'm having one of those day. Everybody has them. Everybody needs them. The day where you don't get out of your pajamas.

Dan and I slept in. It was a little strange waking up with Dan and not having him run off to school to watch film (The Bulldogs season unfortunately ended last night in the sectional final against Valpo). The kids played hard and it was a great season. I hate to see that it's over, but I'm glad to have Dan back. We will get to do more things on the weekends and maybe be able to make more trips home since we have the whole weekend to ourselves. So until track season starts, I'll be enjoying our weekends together. Oh, and Dan will now always be the first one home, which according to our house rules... he'll be cooking dinner!

So back to my pajamas. There is no reason to get dressed to make breakfast, clean the house, do laundry, and watch horse races and college football. Reading magazines and books is so much more comfy in your pjs, and if you want to take a nap mid-day, you're already dressed for it. It's wonderful. Oh, and most importantly you're not making any more laundry for yourself!

I'm so glad that I'm not someone that has to be busy and doing something all the time. I've never found having plans for every single day laid out to make me happy. And I thank my mom for that. My favorite days at home were days that we all stayed in and hung out together. There would be days when we had no plans and we embraced that. We would sleep in, eat breakfast or lunch together. Do something around the house and then just hang out together, watching whatever sporting event was on TV or playing outside or hanging out in the garage. And when we are all home together this is what we like to do best. Especially now with Dillon it's so good to just let him stay in his pajamas all day too and just play. He naps and eats when he wants, we all eat and nap when we want and just enjoy being together as a family.

I love days like today. If you're not making it a point already to have a regular stay in your pj day, then you should. It really is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Tracy! I definitely think I should incorporate more "PJ days" for Jackson, Dan and I. Especially since little baby boys look so adorable in their PJs :)

    ReplyDelete