Friday, November 5, 2010

Food for Thought

Our Executive Chef, Chef Pat, has started sending the staff “Food For Thought.” I really enjoy these emails that he sends out every so often. It’s sometimes a good story about customer service or an interesting “Foodies” blog post… something along those lines. Today it was just s few simple lines that I really appreciated. I’m not sure where he got it from, so I’m sorry I could not reference it at all, but here it is…

Childish vs. Childlike

Childlike makes a great scientist.
Childish produces tantrums.
Childlike brings fresh eyes to marketing opportunities.
Childish rarely shows up as promised.
Childlike is fearless and powerful and willing to fail.
Childish is annoying.
Childlike inquires with a pure heart.
Childish is merely ignored.

I love this, and it reminds me of Jill, the most childlike, loving, caring, and silly person I know. Seeing Jill with Dillon is such a treat and it always reminds me of how wonderful of a person she is. Every year I send her a Mother’s Day card and I always make sure to write in it that Dillon is the luckiest kid in the world to have a mom like Jill, and that she’s the greatest mom since our very own.

So I share this with all of you, to try to be more childlike, not childish. Try to be more like my sister, Chilly.


No comments:

Post a Comment