Monday, November 15, 2010

"Knotties"


So I'm not one of those soon-to-be brides that goes to theknot.com for advice on every aspect of my wedding. I never "registered" my wedding date on the site or looked for wedding venues on it. I don't read the "Bride's Biggest Regrets" articles and I don't look at the pictures to find "The Most Talked About Wedding Favors." I just think the site it a little silly for me. If you love the site. More power to you, it's very successful, they make a lot of money (trust me, I know what it costs to advertise on their website and magazine), and I'm sure it does have a lot of great advice/ideas.

I get on the site every once in awhile for work. As you can tell from above, we have a premium listing with them and we actually get a lot of business from their website, so from that aspect I love it. But their articles and emails to my account (I still don't know how they got my address) are... ummm... not so much for me.

But today, when I was on the site I was a little intrigued by one of their stories entitled... "What Your Engagement Ring Says About You." This weekend Dan and I were actually just talking about my engagement ring and how much I love it. So here it is... what "The Knotties" had to say about my emerald cut ring.

Your relationship: You're the girl of his dreams and he's totally in awe.
Your wedding: Voted "can't miss" event of the season (and not just by your mom). Destined to be the party where everyone hits the dance floor.

Hello! I love this. Any of my family and friends know that I am usually the first (maybe second to Jill) and last one on the dance floor. I know that I can't be out there all night as the bride, but I plan to be for quite a bit of it. Dan and I are probably fretting the most about our "Must Play/Must NOT Play" list and right now we are sitting across from each other at the kitchen table taking turns playing songs we want played at the wedding for each other. It's really becoming a great list.

Anyway, so because of this story about my engagement ring today I'm beginning to like theknot.com a little bit more. I love my ring and Dan says if I wouldn't have so blatantly suggested the type of ring I would like he would have picked the same one out, because it's me.

Love him, love my ring, love this picture of me the day after we got engaged, after we beat a bunch of Canadians at beer-pong! Because of this picture I will always remember the fun we had on this trip and how great of a week it was. Many More Trips Like This To Come!


No comments:

Post a Comment