Monday, November 22, 2010

Check #9 Off My List


In October when I made my 10 for 10 list number #9 was "Have the Most Beautiful Christmas Tree," and this weekend we accomplished it. After we spent the weekend volunteering at The Magnificent Mile Light's Festival we were in the holiday spirit and spent our day yesterday shopping for the perfect tree.

We were shopping for a 7.5 foot tree to put upstairs in front of our bay window. We just wanted something simple. What we came home with was far from that. When we walked into Home Depot and saw the 9 foot pre-lit tree on sale, I was hooked. We have the ceilings for it... downstairs, and not in front of the window, but we have the ceilings for it. It was beautiful and we couldn't pass up the deal. So now we are proud owner's of a massive, massive Christmas tree.

We got home from the store and I couldn't wait another minute to put it up. I threw my "No Christmas Until After Thanksgiving" by the wayside and the Christmas Tree went up.





We had so much fun putting it all together and seeing it lit up for the first time. Dan was my trusty assistant and handed me all the ornaments and told me where the holes were, and at the end of the night we just sat on our couch and enjoyed it.

The only problem I can see out of this whole situation is that now the biggest factor for me when buying our next house will be.... "Where can we put our tree?"




No comments:

Post a Comment