Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Week's Top 5

This week has definitely flown by. I haven't even really had time to sit and think about this week and talk with Dan about what's going on in our lives until we had most of the day together today. So since it's been awhile since I shared anything with you... here are my favorite things from the week.

1) The CHILL Wine event. Thursday evening I went to an event with the girls I work with at The Merchandise Mart. It really was an awesome event. First of all The Merchandise Mart is a huge building in the city that takes up an entire city block. The whole first floor is kitchen and bath showrooms. Beautiful, beautiful creations and then they take all of these show kitchen and put 30 chefs from the city to demo their food in them. Our Chef was invited to showcase his food so that's why we all went. But then with each chef there was a wine pairing. So we just walked around, drank a lot of different wines and tasted some really great food from chefs, and my favorite part of the evening was that the wine pairing with our chef's food was champagne!

2) The beautiful weather. I did not wear a jacket one day this week. I never would have thought that in mid-November I would be comfortably just wearing sweaters every day, but that's how my week has been. I know that everybody is worried about global warming.. but I'm embracing it!

3) Dan and I's shopping adventure. We had some time to kill this evening so we made our way to Pier 1 and Michael's. I can't believe that he agreed on these adventures with me, but he did. We were looking for frames for the art work that we recently purchased online as well as a tree topper for our peacock themed tree. The frames, we successfully found... the tree topper, not so much. Dan did get excited as he walked down one aisle of Michaels because he saw an angel dressed in peacock colors. When he finally got a good look at it he was a little disappointed. The angel was African American. Although it was the best tree topper we have found to date, we didn't buy it. You never know, if nothing else turns up we may have an African American angel on our tree. I just think that would be funny. And of course, when I mentioned this to Jill she told me angels were all colors and that we should have definitely purchased it, that's Jill for you.

4)My job. Work has been really busy lately and I've been given quite a bit of different responsibilities lately. But this week has brought a lot of laughs from our office. Maybe because of some of the clients we've been dealing with, or maybe because of the event that was planned for 250 people and 520 ended up showing up, or maybe just because we are all together again since one of the girls went on vacation, but this week has been full of laughs. Business is good, I'm learning a lot, being very productive, and loving every minute of it. Definitely a highlight of my week.

5) It's one week closer to Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. I was thinking today about one of my TA's in college. He was not from American and did not really understand the concept of Thanksgiving. The day before we all left for break he said "Be Thanksgiving" to us as we left, and I realized, maybe Ahmeet does get it. We shouldn't say, "Happy Thanksgiving" we should "BE Thanksgiving." Every year since then the group of us from that class have texted or facebooked each other,"BE Thanksgiving," and that's what I'm going to do this year. I'll be giving thanks for everything great that's happened in my life this year..which has made 2010 my favorite year ever!

3 comments:

  1. Tracy, I was laughing as I read about the tree topper and thought the same thing Jill said before I could read it, I love it and hope to see Christmas card photos in front of the peacock tree with an African American Angel on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trini, we already have a great Christmas Card in the works, but next year, maybe the African American Angel. See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jill's comment about the Angel! Hilarious! And I love the "Be Thanksgiving" comment. How cute!

    ReplyDelete