Thursday, November 4, 2010

Food, Cheer, and Song

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." ~ jrr tolkien

What a fantastic quote, I could even say that as of today it is my favorite. I found this earlier while I was researching Godiva Chocolate Vodka events... totally work related since we are hosting one of these events next week.

Anyway, when I read this quote I realized those are three of the things that I absolutely love. Food, no brainer. I love sitting down to a good meal, drinking a glass of wine, and enjoying meals with family and friends is probably my favorite past time. Cheer, being cheery is so much better than being miserable. I'm not going to lie to you and say that I'm cheery and friendly every single day, but about 96% of the time you can count on me having a smile on my face. Misery just makes things worse, and it's not a good look for me... or anybody that I know. And song, today one of the girls that I work with gave me the nick-name of tweety. She says that I whistle too much. I just can't help it. I have the radio on my desk, and listening to music really just boosts my mood, and sometimes... I just feel like i need to whistle along. But I will work on not whistling so much, I don't want to be a bad work-mate.

This quote also reminded me of the upcoming holidays. This year these three things are really what I'm going to concentrate on. Good food, lots of cheer, and of course, Christmas songs. I'm not going to stress out about finding the perfect gifts or making sure I have the best Christmas Eve dress (something I worry about every year way more than I should), I'm going to worry about surrounding myself with cheerful people who are eating and drinking merrily and singing carols. I'm getting more and more excited about bringing out my Frank Sinatra Holiday CD (I have to follow by my self-made rule of no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, but still, I'm excited)

These things all bring a smile to my face and, of course, are my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment