Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...

...You Never Know What You're Gonna Get."

Today is one of those days where neither of us have any obligations and we can do whatever we want. . . My absolute favorite.

Right now I've started the laundry and Dan is working on his grad school work, taking a final a believe, all I know is I'm not allowed to talk to him until he tells me it's okay. We have a watermelon in the rerigerator with a bottle of vodka in it to take to a party tonight. Spiking watermelons take a lot more time than you would think, it's quite the process and Dan is really enjoying the project. I'll be sure to let you know how well it goes over at the party. Dan promised we could take a long walk on the bike trail today, so of course I already have my tennis shoes on ready to go and we are already excited about eating leftovers from our dinner last night for lunch. Nothing to do today and I'm loving it!

It's crazy how things have changed in such little time. Just two months ago I would sleep all day on Saturdays either because I worked until 5 am the night before and had to do it all over again on Saturday night, or I went out and partied until 5 am the night before and wanted to do it all over again on Saturday night. Ten months ago I would be working a double at Harry's serving people in all kinds of silly costumes during breakfast club, I miss those days... and the cash that was in my pocket after those shifts. I don't really miss the sticky booze in my hair, grenadine under my fingernails, stink on my clothes, or sore feet though. (ooooo Dan just gave me an update on this final, he's on question 19 out of 20, Yayyy!) Anyway, back to my reminiscing. Four years ago Saturdays were always full of fun. It usually involved doing something with the girls, probably shopping for outfits to go out that night, or making props for our parties that were going to take place that night. One day we spent the entire day decorating Paul and Theresa's basement for Beer Olympics. Somehow me managed to "borrow" Ms. Hankinson's world flags for decorations for this party. Ten years ago Saturday nights we went to church and then went out to eat with Bert and Dave, Chi-Chi's preferably. TEST IS SUBMITTED, Dan is done! I can speak now, thank goodness!

There is really no common thread running this post today, but one thing I know is that when things change, it's a good thing. It means we are growing up, there is no way that I could have stayed out until 5 am last night. I believe I went to bed at 11:30 after drinking two glasses of wine and watching Forest Gump with Dan... my all time favorite movie (that will never change, it's the best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment