Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday, Funday

"Sunday Clears Away the Rust of the Whole Week" ~ Joseph Addison

I love Sundays, I always have. Thinking about it, my Sunday routines have changed a lot over the years. At home mom would always wake us up so early to go to church and ccd, dad would make us breakfast when we got home, and then we all took naps, it was fantastic. The Sundays during my freshman year of college were usually pretty interesting. I never felt good in the morning from the night before, I had a huge pile of homework, and the dining courts were closed, but these are the days I remember from college. The girls in the hall would all make fun of me because I was a walking dissaster, Amanda would ground me until I got my Spanish homework done, and the five of us girls would walk over to the convenient store and come up with the most unhealthy dinner you could imagine. Amanda and I's favorite was spinach and artichoke dip... for dinner! The next few years when I started working at Harry's is when the Sunday Funday routine started. Sundays are great great days for people in the bar business. Most bars are closed so it's the day all the bartenders go out. Well Harry's is closed one day a year, so we got all the great business, and we could usually drink along with them... and it was a short shift. We closed at 12:30 instead of 3:00 am. Sunday Funday was the best. It didn't make for a So Fun Monday though!

So I've mentioned that each Sunday was great, but now... my Sundays are my favorite. Dan and I are starting to make our routines and I really love it. It is my laundry and cleaning day which can sometimes take up quite a bit of time, but we sleep in, make breakfast together, have our regular TV shows we watch, make really good dinners, go on adventures, and just lay around like cats. I love that we are so comfortable together and can be happy doing absolutely nothing. I hate to think that in a couple weeks our Sunday routines are going to be interupted by football coaching meetings, but I'll enjoy our little days while we have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment