Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm now... The Suburban Commuter


This is never a title I thought I would hold. But here I am, living in Indiana, working in Chicago. I ride a train ever day for goodness sake! And I love it. I love getting up every morning and getting ready for work. I like leaving my house in a dress and tennis shoes toting along my heels. I like seeing the regular people at the train station every morning and saying hello (the newspaper man is especially chipper in the morning), and I like the 45 minute nap I get on my way into the city. The next step in my commute is to take a lot of steps... I walk exactly one mile (The Magnificent Mile to be exact) to work. Right now, I really enjoy this, it energizes me and gets me ready for my day, I get to people watch and window shop, and get some exercise. We will see how much I like it in the frigid winter time. But by the time I get to work and unlock the door to our part of the office, I'm ready for my day.


I really love what I do. I'm the Private Dining Coordinator at The Signature Room at the 95th. Every day there is something different and i love it. I am the first person someone talks to when they are thinking about hosting an event at The Signature Room and I love to hear their energy and excitement. I get to see the events from the beginning to the end, and all the little details that go along with it. It's been a lot of fun and I work with some really great people. The best part, the picture above is the view from the ladies room at the restaurant, something I don't get tired of seeing. If you go on any tour of Chicago, they will tell you that the best view of the city can be seen by going to the bathroom at The Signature Lounge... so by me saying this next statement, it's not just me being me, it's an actual fact! "This is the best view of Chicago ever!"


No comments:

Post a Comment