Monday, July 26, 2010

Number Six

"After all there is something about a wedding-gown prettier than in any other gown in the world." ~Douglas William Jerrold
I knew that I would need to start dress shopping a year before our wedding because I honestly thought it would take me that long. I've never had a good dress buying experience. . . and I had buyer's remorse after every single big dress purchase of my life. So when I told Mom and Jill we were going wedding dress shopping they were both preparing for the melt-down of a lifetime.
As soon as we were back on US soil after being engaged I started looking for dresses. I probably considered 100 different dresses So I scheduled an appointment, took my top ten list into the store, and started this adventure. I thought for sure at least nine more of these trips would have to take place. What came next was something I was not expecting at all.
I tried on the sixth dress. Looked in the mirror. Contemplated for about ten minutes and said, "Ok, this is my wedding dress." It was just like that. I did try on one more, but just wanted to get back into number six. It fit perfectly, I didn't need one thing done to it. I walked around the store, picked out my shoes, my head piece, and was all set. In the meantime Jill picked out the bridesmaids dress and Mom tried on one dress and loved it as well. Two and a half hours after walking into the store, we each walked out with a dress.
Who would have thought??? Paul sure didn't. He looked pretty surprised when we all walked in the house with packages!
You will notice there is no picture attached to this post, and I'm not going to tell anybody about it, not even one detail (except the girls of course.) I put the dress in the garmet bag and hung it in the closet at Mom and Dad's. I don't plan on getting it out for 11 months. . . but I can't wait until that day. I love this dress!
July 3, 2011 can't get here soon enough. Now if only Dan's attempt to find something to wear to our wedding will be this easy. Not Going To Happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment