Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Sign

So we ending our fight, well I don't know if you'd call it a fight, more like a weak attempt, with P90X. It was tooo hard, I'm not cut out for that type of thing. Way too big of a commitment for me since it took an hour out of every single day. . . It's over. So yesterday I realized that my engagement ring was very, very snug and when I did get it off, there was a huge indention on my finger.

Holy smokes, this is a sign that I'm gaining weight if i've ever seen one. So today I started running. I've had phases in my life where I really enjoyed running and while I was out there today on the bike trail I started to think that I can see myself really enjoying this.

I have the motivation.. a wedding dress that is already bought and almost impossible to resize, so I can think of my dress hanging in the closet when I want to give up, and I really do like the trail behind our house. All the houses along the trail remind me of the neighborhood from The Sandlot (One my of my FAVORITE movies, I just hope a huge dog doesn't come after me!), and tonight I saw the most beautiful sky that I've seen since I've left Dearborn County. So things are looking on the positive side of this new thing I'm taking on.

Maybe I could look up a 5K in the area this fall, that would be another great goal to work towards. . . but for now I will just keep thinking about this indention on my finger from my tightly fitted ring. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment