Monday, September 6, 2010

Big Ben.... not the Pittsburg Steeler

So we've hit the 10 month countdown to our wedding this weekend. I have the big things crossed off my list. We have our ceremony and reception site booked, I have a dress, a DJ, and a photographer. We have the rehearsal dinner planned, and the bridesmaid dresses picked out, our Save The Dates are almost all addressed. But that's about it. All the little things are still there on my list. The flowers, the cake, the menu, the timeline, the invitations, the wedding programs, and the seating charts are all just haning out on my to-do list waiting to get checked off. But this weekend we checked probably one of the more exciting things off of our list... The Honeymoon.

Dan and I have been on 3 amazing vacations together. We've been to Cancun twice and this past spring we got engaged in Puerto Vallarta. We have really been thinking that we would go back to Mexico for our honeymoon, but this weekend we changed our minds and our plans. Ever since Dan studied abroad his last semester of college his been wanting to go back. He talks about London and Dublin all of the time and I'm always so intrigued by his stories and want to experience it for myself. So that's what we are doing. We're going to go to London and explore for 8 days. I'm so excited, and it's even more exciting to know that exactly ten months from today we will be in London... or Paris where I talked Dan into taking a day trip to while we are there.

I know, I know, it's not your normal lay on the beach and drink cocktails by the pool type of honeymoon. But we've been there, we've done that, and now we just want to take this amazing trip while we can. And so my countdown to visiting Big Ben begins... 9 months and 28 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment