Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Safe for Kait to Read...

Just a couple random thoughts from today, because that's the type of day I've had. It was a good day at work, very busy and learning a lot of new things. The busy season is beginning that will take us right into Christmas, so before we know it it's going to be 2011!

Today was the first day of fall... and I wore a sleeveless top. That's the beauty of living in the Midwest, just when you think your summer wardrobe is over, you get another chance to wear your cute summer clothes!

~Insert Random Side Story Here~ I was just so perplexed last night when I was trying to decide what to wear because of the strange weather lately. For some reason when somebody says it's going to be 67 degrees, I have no idea what that means. Dan was of no help, he tells me he's not a weatherman, he's only a mailman and a garbage man (those are his two jobs at the house). I really just needed Amanda. For four years she helped me dress for the weather every day and she taught me two critical tips. Wear shorts at 70 degrees, take a sweater at 50 degrees. But other than that I'm clueless. Dan tells me that in a couple weeks it won't even matter because I will have to wear four layers of clothes every single day no matter what.

Lynard Skynard died. I know, not the band, but the man, Leonard Skinner. I had no idea that they named their band after their high school teacher that sent them to the principal all the time. I thought about it for a little bit and decided that if the event planning business doesn't work out for me I can start a band named Betina Rose. I'm still laughing about this thought that came into my mind today while walking to work, and really thinking that it's not a bad name for a band.

A man in Montana celebrated his 114th birthday today, becoming the oldest man in the world. Amazing to me, really. He told a local newspaper that the worst invention ever was the comptuer because it took his job as a telegraph operator at the railroad. When asked his secret to living a long life he said cigarettes, whiskey, and wild, wild women. After his invitation only birthday party at the Rainbow Retirement Village he told the crowd, "with all the hatred in this world, in this good world, let us be kind to one another." Now this is my kind of man. Happy Birthday Walter.

Halloween is quickly approaching (my official LEAST favorite holiday). We've been invited to a costume party already and I haven't seen Dan so excited in a long time. He loves the holiday and it's excited for our first Halloween together where I'm not working at Harry's. The top story on yahoo today was "The Most Popular Halloween Costumes" and at the top of this list... is Snooki, are you kidding me? I refuse to be any member of Jersey Shore, I'm thinking more Cruella deVille!

And lastly, our house has worn off it's newness as we are making our first home repair/replacement. It was a sad night when I learned we had to replace our hot water heater. We knew it was coming when we bought the house, but it's still sad that our house isn't so new anymore... But it better be ready, house guests are coming tomorrow. Welcome Rick and Donna!

No comments:

Post a Comment