Monday, September 27, 2010

No Alarm Clock Day and Picnics in Our Tree House

We are like little kids... probably worse. On Saturday nights we get into bed and are so excited because it's no alarm clock day. We set the timer back a couple hours on the coffee maker and wake up on Sunday whenever we want. It never fails I always automatically wake up at 6:05 am, but it's my favorite when I get to go back to sleep and get out of bed whenever I feel like it. And when Dan asks me what I am going to do today... I always say, "Whatever I Want."

This Sunday included making breakfast for Dan and his parents and hanging out with them for just a little bit longer before they headed back to Guilford. I started the enormous amount of laundry and began to clean the house. By noon I had had enough and joined Dan in our loft, now known as the tree house to Dan. I like to help him with his stats from the Friday Night Game. I make sure that he gives all this kids the correct amount of tackles, sacks, and assists. We watched the Bengals online and the Vikings on the big screen. At halftime we put out a wonderful picnic full of Chicago Style Hot dogs and Nachos. Dan usually does not allow any food or colored drinks upstairs but he made the exception for our lazy Sunday and laid out a big blanket over the white fluffy carpet and gave us each a clipboard for our drinks. It's these little silly things that he does that makes me appreciate our Sunday afternoons together.

But trust me... I enjoyed my Sunday evening alone... doing "Whatever I Wanted" while he was at his football meetings.But getting into bed last night we were both pretty upset that it was indeed Alarm Clock Day... my least favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment