Monday, March 28, 2011

AJ

He had a contagious smile... Every memory that I have of Adam, whether is be from pre-K CCD class or running into him on Purdue's campus, he was smiling. And that is what I will remember most.

There are so many other wonderful memories that I have. They go way back to Mrs. Steven's kindergarten class. Adam definitely was the class clown and I have to admit, he was my first crush. But we grew up together and he became one of my closest friends. He became a lot of people's closest friends, that's just who he was. He knew how to listen to you, be there for you, but he especially knew how to tease you.

Adam was such a special person and was loved by so many because of his laid back attitude and absolute love of life. You couldn't be around him and be in a bad mood. He wouldn't allow it. He'd put his arm around your shoulder and cheer you up. That's why we can't be sad about losing him, he wouldn't want it that way.

I miss Adam already. I miss seeing him on Sunday mornings in CCD Class. Our class was quite the crew (I think we still hold the record for making the most teacher's/nun's cry) we were together since we were five year's old and I think it was Adam's sense of humor that got us through every Sunday morning.

I miss seeing him on soccer field and basketball court. I loved cheering for one of my best friends from the sidelines and I can only imagine what kind of teammate he was.

I miss running into him on campus. It could be a miserable, windy, pouring down rain kind of day, but there he would be, with that smile on his face, giving me a hug, calling me Tracy Lee because I shouted, "Hey AJ" across campus. He'd give me a hug, instantly make me feel better about everything, and we could always pick up right where we left off.

I miss Adam coming into Harry's on nights when I was working. He loved the green dragons and I just never understood how he could drink those. But, he always left with a smile, a hug, and a nice tip.

I'll miss seeing him around home. Selling ham tickets at the Fireman's Festival, sitting in church with his family, and drinking and us being obnoxious together like we had done so many times before.

I will just miss him. His smile. Him teasing me.

Adam was definitely one of the best people I've ever known and I don't know anyone that would say otherwise. He was the most loyal friend and we were all so lucky to have him in our lives. I'm sure everybody has that special memory of him, I have quite a few (The Eve of Senior Night at the Lion's Field having the biggest shaving cream/toilet paper fight, the time Joan woke up/picked up the entire CCD Class from my house after my birthday party so we could go collect canned goods for the needy, the ridiculous amount of parties we attended Freshman year of college, all the nights Adam made sure ManFace and I got home okay, and the nights we spend playing cards) I will treasure these memories forever.

He was always there for me. He was always there for all of us. I just wish I could have one more of his hugs... they were always my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Great Post Tracy. A very fitting way to remember such a great person. Hang in there and keep smiling!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete